Home > Uncategorized > A foreclosure lawyer in your own state is your best bet

A foreclosure lawyer in your own state is your best bet

So many times I have potential clients tell me that they have hired an out of state law firm to help them get a modification and end their foreclosure case.  What is worse is that these out of state law firms appear to be recommended by some agencies or groups within the State that the homeowner is facing foreclosure.

First, Florida is a judicial foreclosure state.  That means you have to have an attorney representing you in the state you are facing foreclosure.  If you are counting on the out of state law firm to file anything on your behalf in a case think again.  Most often they will not, and then the homeowner is drug along believing they will get a modification.  Meanwhile, the court case is moving forward, and since no answer has been filed to the bank’s complaint, the bank will ask the Court for a default – meaning they win, case over.

Second, banks have been slammed with their antics regarding offering modifications (see my previous blogs).  When it comes to modifications they do not have your best interest at heart.  How many clients are told to resubmit documentation time and again that the bank says is now old (so they can collect another HAMP fee), and are strung along for years while bank employees are fulfilling quotas given to them to actually TURN HAMP FILES DOWN THAT ARE ELIGIBLE.  It is disgusting.

The bank often has no desire to work with the homeowner.  As the BOA employees stated in Massachusetts they want the foreclosure instead.  What incentive do they have to have a 2% loan on their books?  Even if they took federal money to do just that.

Be very careful.  And make sure that the Court case filed against you is answered.


Categories: Uncategorized
  1. roldon9091
    February 5, 2017 at 9:29 pm

    Hi Danielle

    Can you recommend any lawyers in Philadelphia or Delco county that arent in bed with banks and judges?

    If not, what approach should I take when finding a lawyer? We received a vauge modification with no real terms in writing other than first of 6 payments must be made by certified check… others can be money orders etc.

    Thank you!

    D. Wilson

  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: